Client: TEW Solutions
Project: Design and Drafting Required for Gold Coast STP Expansion
Date: 05/2017 Time to Completion: 4 months
- Laser scan data of existing sewerage treatment plant (STP), with particular focus on tie-in-points.
- Detailed design with RPEQ certification and drafting, based on an MWH specification, of the following items;
- Large external aluminium platform supporting and giving access to twin shaftless screw conveyors and twin Grit Classifiers. Platform incorporated multiple stairways, and supports required for process piping,
- All stainless piping, valves and supports required for service water. The service water pipework tied into a bank of 4 existing pumps,
- Aluminium ‘Infinity’ piping required for the compressed air system,
- Replacement of an internal galvanised mezzanine floor and grating.
Description: Ferrier Engineering was engaged by TEW Solutions to complete detailed design and drafting required for an upgrade to an existing STP on the Gold Coast. The expansion required the addition of multiple screw wash presses, grit classifiers, screw conveyors and waste bins. Ferrier Engineering worked closely with TEW to ensure the mechanical design complied with the original MWH design intent and was practical to fabricate, install and maintain.
Platforms and Conveyors – General Arrangement
Platforms and Conveyors – As Constructed Photo